When can pregnancy be tested following IUI?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hello..,
I had my iui done on 5th and 6th this month . today I carried out a pregnancy test and it was negative. Does this mean I may nt conceive this cycle?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer....explained below
Detailed answer.....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
There is no reason to get despair now.
You should wait for another 4 days to get a blood test called as Serum BETA HCG done provided you are not taking any injectable HCG for luteal support.
This will clear the position of your pregnancy.
Any negative test at the moment doesn't mean that pregnancy is absent because it is only 10 days since IUI which is quite early to decide about the pregnancy.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 12 minutes later
Hello doctor
I am basically a pcod patient. I was given clomipure 100mg..(day 10)
After which I was given humog 75iu for 8 days (day 14 to day 21) where I developed one follicle of 2.0x 1.95.. After that I was given ovipure(day 23)..
Iui on day day24 and day25 which is 5 and 6 oct.. Asked to do a pregnancy test on 21 Oct.. As I got a negative test today at home which is my day 10.. I am a bit worried.. As I have heard that people get at least faint positive after day 10 if its positive..
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
There is nothing to get worried about it.
It is not necessary to have a faint line on 10th day even if you are pregnant.
Get the blood BETA HCG estimation done on 21st oct.
You can also do a urine test for pregnancy on around 24 or 25th.
Thanks