Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

What would cause calcification in lungs, kidneys and pelvic artery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Geriatrics Specialist
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 384 Questions
What would cause calcification in lungs, kidneys and pelvic artery?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Long standing scar tissue lead on to calcification Detailed Answer: Hello, Long standing scar tissue or increased serum calcium levels are the main reason for calcification. I would order serum calcium and cholesterol levels as the first set of investigations to isolate the cause. Your local physician will know about these tests. Follow up as per the results. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What would cause calcification in lungs, kidneys and pelvic artery? 1 hour later
Thank you for your time attached are the colored pics. I had colon cancer removed in aug 2012. At the time it was staged 2b. I have been having low grade fevers everyday since november, night sweats, headache, extreme fatigue, jaw pain, abdominal swelling, and pain in the upper right abdomen. Bilirubin has been increasing and is now sligtly elevated. Monocytes high along with absolute NEU.
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Suggesting Radiologist opinion . Detailed Answer: Hi there , Thanks for replying with reports. As you have removed of carcinoma colon few years back , following calcification needed to be examined further. I suggest you for an radiologist opinion to point out whether this calcifications resembles any metastasis or just simply because of raised serum calcium level . As you have associated symptoms, kindly visit the surgeon who operated you on colon with your reports and medications presently you are undertaking. Take care. If you have further questions feel free to ask. Thank you .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor