Suggest remedies for lower right jaw pain
I had a slight lower right jaw pain (2/10) and was kinda massaging/scratching my face. I noticed a mole had gotten enflamed. I believe I have always had this mole but it is on the outer edges of my beard so I am not 100% sure. Anyway I was scratching and got concerned. So I trimmed a little hair off and took some pictures.
My wife took a look and saw two hairs stuck in it and assumed it was ingrown hair. She took a clean needle (alcohol) and removed the trapped hairs and then cleaned it up and bandaged it.
I am attaching pictures of the before/after. Don't mind the redness that is from my scratching and trimming.
Does this look like ingrown hair or does it show any signs of skin cancer?
Ingrown hair. Use a triple antibiotic ointment
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr. kakkar(Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and viewed the images.
Perhaps it was an ingrown hair. Right now it looks like an inflammed eczematous patch of skin. Doesn't look like a cancer to me.
To begin with scratching/ massaging might be the underlying cause if it happened after that and specially on the area which you were fiddling with.
I request you to use a triple antibiotic ointment e.g Neosporin ointment, twice daily for a few days and hopefully it would be fine.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body