What causes excruciating pain in the jaws?
Please provide more details.
Thanks for the query..
Well Uloric is a medicine used for reducing uric acid levels from the body..
It is not commonly seen to cause jaw pain as a side effect..
So stopping the intake of medicine can invite uric acid levels.
So please once consult your Physician and discuss before you stop taking the frog permanently.
As far as jaw pain is concerned can you please provide the following details:
-Is the pain on both sides of the jaw?
-Is the pain always present, or on chewing and other movements of the jaw?
-Is there any clicking or popping sound on opening and closing the mouth?
-Is the pain also present infront of the ear?
Please revert back with answers.
the pain is mostly the right side...the pain is always present,there is no clicking or popping and there is pain in front of the ear as well as the jaw itself
Looks like jaw joint related problem.
Your symptoms of pain in jaw and in front of the ear that is the area where jaw joint is present can be due to Temporomandibular joint dysfunction syndrome.
It is commonly known as TMJ/TMD.
You should consult an Oral Surgeon and get evaluated..
A clinical examination, palpation of the jaw joint and a Panoramic x ray can be done for confirmation..
Hope this helps..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in the left jaw
- What causes sharp pain in jaw and neck
- Excruciating hip pain causes
- What is the cause and treatment for jaw pain
- What causes pain in the left side of my jaw
- What causes painful jaw and neck pain
- What is the cause of having lower jaw pain
- What causes acute pain in the jaw
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What causes excruciating pain in groin and erectile dysfunction