Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What treatment can be taken for alternating diarrhea and constipation ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 2130 Questions
For the past 5 days i have been having abdominal pains mixed with an on and off headached. I also have been fluctuating from constipation to diarrhea. And finally the head of penis has burning/stinging but this is not occuring while i'm am peeing, it is usally afterward and its when I'm shaking my penis attmepting to dry it. Also,the pain kind of feels like it is coming from both the outer part of the head in right in the slit where pee comes out.
Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later

Alternate diarrhea & constipation along with abdominal pain occurs in certain type intestinal infection, and infection leads to inflammation of some part or portion intestine which causes pain abdomen. Pain in the end of urination or while shaking penis at the end is also due to infection.

I also suggest to increase the water intake which will flush out the toxins.

Headache is just an association of these problem. So get your urine tested along with culture & sensitivity and also stool. Start treatment under the supervision and guidance of some good doctor ,things will improve soon.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor