Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

What test should be done to find sexually transmitted diseases?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
Hi, I need to know what tests I need to do in order to find out if I have any sexually transmitted diseases?
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later
Although there are several types of STDs most can be identified with blood tests or urethral swabs. HIV,Hep B,syphilis,gonorrhea,herpes, are some of the commonest stds.
There are blood tests available for all of them.All you have to do is mention to your doctor that you want to screen for them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor