What test should be done for complete health check-up?

Dr. Aparna Kohli

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: I would like to get a complete health check-up done. Which are the tests I should get done? Could you please list them out. And also if possible the place where I can get all of them done together.
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 20 minutes later
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX

The following tests need to be done:

a. Fasting lipid profile

b. Fasting sugar level

c. Post prandial blood sugar ( to be given 2 hours after your drink 75 g of glucose (=15 tsp of Glucon D)

d. ECG

e. Blood pressure, height and weight need to be measured

f. Liver function test (if you consume alcohol) and spirometry (if you have been smoking)

This can be done at Apollo Labs/ Manipal Cure and Care/ SRL Ranbaxy/Thyrocare centre near you.

About the repetitive stress injuries, you would need to use a wrist band and a elbow band for support. Also, maintaining the right posture is extremely important. The following link should give you an idea about the right posture to maintain while working

WWW.WWWW.WW

If there is any tingling/abnormal sensation in the hand or in the forearm or any kind of weakness, please see an orthopedic surgeon. A formal assessment would be required.

Let me know if you have any more questions.