Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What should be done for dizziness and nausea while moving head after accidental fall on face?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
While taking a shower I slip and fell hit the floor withth elfet side of my face,I was dizzy but finished my shower and ice my wrist and face then went to bed, getting up to work I got very dizzy and each tie I move my head a certain way like looking down or up I get instant vertigo I get very nauseous.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take betahistine + anti-emetic drug for a week Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. From the available information provided, you are apparently suffering from either, a trauma-induced BPPV - Benign Paroxysmal Positional vertigo, due to detachment of a few particles attached to hair-like structures in the internal ear (internal ear is responsible for maintenance of balance and posture); or, due to trauma-induced, transient injury of the left ear. It is of no significant concern and will disappear within the next few days. A thrice-daily dose of a drug called betahistine in effective dose + an anti-vomiting drug- such as, Promethazine- for about a week, will keep vertigo and nausea under check, till healing takes place. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor