question-icon

What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?

Posted on Mon, 19 May 2014
Question: My child is 18 mnths 12 kg.what should be the quantity for neozeet syrup(for cold and cough) per dose.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani (26 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Use mono therapy please

Detailed Answer:
Hi....
Many thanks for consulting in Health Care Magic.

Neozeet is a combination medicine which us not advisable in this age. I suggest you use plain anti allergic like cetrizine. Syrup zyrtec drops 10 mg/ml can be taken in the dose of 0.25 ml once daily for 3 days. Cough is a protective reflex and should not be of concern unless the child is breathless. For change of medicines please consult your treating doctor.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. Happy to help anytime. Further clarifications and consultations on Health Care Magic are welcome.

Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology