Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

What should I do for fluctuating blood pressure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I usually have a very low blood pressure reading. Surprisingly, eversince my husband passed away for whom I cry everyday, my blood pressure goes up to 156/86 and my eye pressure also is a bit elevated. Could this be caused by my present emotional state or isn't there a link.
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

There is a tremendous mind body connection in our system. The severe emotional stress that you are experiencing could certainly explain the fluctuation in your blood pressure.

The loss of the spouse is about as stressful a situation as a human being can experience. In your case I think there is a direct connection which is causing your blood pressure to be elevated. It very likely also explains the issues you're having with your eyes.

I would suggest that you discuss this with your medication for a brief period of time while you continue to grieve.

I do not think you're dealing with any type of XXXXXXX situation but I do think it is something you should discuss with your doctor.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.


Dr. Robert
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor