What severe pain in left brest and chest area?

Question
I have a sharp pain on my left boob that last about 2 seconds and its been for last 2 days... sometimes goes below my boob or mid chest.. Im female 56 yrs old
the sharp pain on my left boob is most of the time of the top part of my boob, in the last 2 days only 2 times is being in the lower part...the last sharp pains are below my boob. I just had a mammogram about 2 months and everything was ok..clear... are these symptoms of heart attack in females?
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Heart Attack

Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not consistent with heart attack....

Detailed Answer:

I went through the details provided with diligence. The sharp intermittent pain that lasts for seconds is not consistent with classical symptoms of heart attack. Pain from heart attack is extremely debilitating and trust me, your description is no way even close to heat attack pains.
In fact, I am unable to relate this pain with any of the known organic medical condition. Therefore most likely this sharp intermittent pain may be psychological / anxiety induced pain.

At this instance my suggestion will be that you should rest well and drink plenty of fluids. If pain continues to bother you, you should see a physician who will physically examine and order investigations including EKG before starting treatment.

In short, I don't see any alarming causes that you should be worried off.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.