What might be causing localised leg pain and limping

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi there,
I awoke this morning and found it difficult to walk. The pain was localised in my right foot (outside) with a strong pressure point, a bit like standing on a golf ball. My arch felt flat. I am limping. Also, have mild sciatica, sleeping poorly and feeling nauseaus. Generally, I am a super healthy fit person, but limping and feeling well below par. I have lost about 8lbs over the last couple of months, but think it is due to excercise.
I've had plantar in the past (when fatter) but this is not the same. What do you think?
Many thanks,
L
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possibility could be of lumbar disc compressing ne

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.
First possibility could be of lumbar disc compressing nerve root leading to pain in foot.
I will advise you to do MRI spine

Another possibility of arthritis and associated plantar fasciitis.
X ray will rule out arthritis.

For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started.
Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.

Many of my patients get good sleep by yoga pranayama and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX so you can also due that.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.