What medicine can be taken to postpone periods?

Question
Please share Periods Postpone Tablet Name.

Shall i take periods postpone tablet,, please share if any side effects on the same.
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Advised Norehisterone.

Detailed Answer:

You can postpone the menstrual periods with Norethisterone (Primolute-N) 5 Mg.
If you do not have any medical illness like migraine,diabetes,epilepsy,asthma,heart,liver problems you can take this tablet.

With my patients, I start this medicine three times a day for 3 days prior to your due date. It can be used as long as you want to postpone the periods but not more than 14 days. This is a prescription only medicine and your gynecologist will know about it.
You may get some known side effects like nausea,bloating,headache, spotting.These side effects disappear after stopping the medication.If these side effects persist then you need to discontinue the medication.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
Thank you.