Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What is the reason for pain and burning sensation in testicle and groin?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9625 Questions
husband had pain in testicle and pain in groin (right side also) - right testicle has pain and has a burning sensation - can't find cause. Has been checked for hernia would like to know what kind of doctor do you go to for these problems.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be due to Orchitis, Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your husband has pain in Rt testicle and groin . This is most likely to be due to inflammation of the testicle (Orchitis). Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis. 1) Routine urine test and urine culture. 2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen and scrotum. 3) Colour Doppler study of the scrotum. In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily . Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute . Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor