Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

What is the protrusion coming out from my vagina?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1671 Questions
I have had a pain in my lower right side since October . At first it was severe . I went to the Dr and I was hold I had a unitary track infection. I took 10 days of antibiotic. I still had the pain went to urgent care and was told I possibly had a kidney stone and was referred for a ultra sound. Weeks after nothing passed I still had pain I went to my primary care Dr. and he ordered CT scan with and with out contrast. He just said I don't know what it could be.The weekend after I saw him I was in severe pain and felt a protrusion coming out of my vagina area. went back to urgent care ad was told to go straight to the ER which I did.. I was told I had Vaginal vault wall prolapse ( had a hysterectomy in 1995) and needed to see a GYN I had to wait 2 weeks to get an appointment when I did he said I did have to but he did not do that surgery but could try to use an appliance that would hold it up and be more comfortable. Also he had never heard of this condition causing pain he didn't know where it was coming from. When he tried to fit the appliance the pain on the right side was severe and he had to remove it.. He referred my to a surgeon . When I went to my appointment he said i don't do that surgery I don't know why your were referred here. I told him about the pain and he felt one are laying down and standing up I felt it both times he touched the area. He just said I don't know what it could be and it would be silly just to go in and look around and see what it might be.. My friend then called her GYN and asked if they would see me they first said yes then after I told them I had a hysterectomy he said he did not do that surgery . He referred me to someone that does it in my area. Now it is another month before I can be seen there.. the pain is constant now and my stomach in bloated.. I can't stand it any more.. any ideas
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: You have had a thorough workup of your right lower quadrant pain and essentially have ruled out things like appendicitis, kidney stones, et. The only objective finding is vaginal prolapse which sounds like it was diagnosed on exam. The appliance that they suggested is called a pessary. It is definitely possible for prolapse related issue to be felt as the pain that you described. It is possible that something is going on in your abdomen that was not initially seen on the CT scan, but that would now be more apparent on followup imaging. Given the new symptom of bloating and pain, it suggests the possibility of a bowel obstruction. Here is what I would suggest: 1. You need to go to the ER if they cannot get you in for an entire month - this is unacceptable given the amount of discomfort that you are experiencing 2. A repeat CT or pain film of the abdomen needs to be performed - are the certain that they ruled out appendicitis or a bowel obstruction 3. You need to ask for a general surgery consult I hope that this helps and good luck!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor