What is the prognosis for hepatitis B as per the attached reports?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My wife has hetitus B and during a blood work for life insurance the result below was detected. What does this mean? she is not due to see her doctor for another 3 months which is worrying.
IgG
HI
18.64
6.00-16.00
g/L
IgA
2.21
0.54-4.17
g/L
IgM
0.64
0.30-2.30
g/L
Immunofixation
A faint ill-defined band of IgG, type Lambda, is
detected.
Please submit another specimen for immunofixation
electrophoresis in 6-12 months to confirm
observations.

I meant my wife has hepatitis B. Sorry for the wrong spelling
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Inflammation due to hepatitis B.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking query on HealthcareMagic.
The immunofixation blood test is used to identify proteins called immunoglobulins in blood. Too much of the same immunoglobulin is usually due to different types of blood cancers .IgG, IgA and IgM are three primary type of antibodies formed against antigen of hepatitis B.In your case igG is just mildly elevated which has no clinical relevsnce.It may be possible that she is infected now therefore only her IgG are raised threfore a reat test is suggested after few months.
In case of multiple myeloma both kappa and lambda are not icreased rather one among them is increased.So most likely its due to an inflammatory condition like Mild
Hepatitis.

Hope i cleared your doubts feel free to follow up desr.
Regard’s
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 11 hours later

Thank you for your reply. just to clarify to be at risk of multiple myeloma or MGUS. Both kappa and lambda has to be increased? and after reviewing the test result I attached, is her kappa and lambda increased of just her lambda? Please clarify. Thank you very much for your help.

I ask this question because on the note at the end of the report. It only mentions a" faint ill-defined band of IgG, type Lambda" not kappa. Thank you very much for your time.

detected.

observations.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up

Detailed Answer:
In that case one of the chain would be highly raised.

Laboratory analysis of your blood may reveal the M proteins produced by myeloma cells. Another abnormal protein produced by myeloma cells — called beta-2-microglobulin — may be detected in your blood

Urine show bence XXXXXXX protein.
Basically report is inconclusive hence things have to be repeated after 12 month.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 32 minutes later
Thank you very much doctor but am really not clear on what you are saying. In simple words please what is my result indicating. Please doctor very simple word for a non medical person like me. What was seem in my blood. Thank you very much for your time

i promise this is the last question for you on this. Many thanks
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear in simple words your wife as off now is perfectly healthy and mild
inflammation is due to hepatitis.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad