Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

What is the permanent cure blisters behind my tongue?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1113 Questions
hi I have blisters/inflamation behind by tounge for the past 6 months, I'm 50 years old with sugar levels 224 mgl, i take alcohal & smoke 3 to 4 cigrettes I have tonsills from childhoodvisited the ENT Spl Dr. priscribed medicine for 10 days after a week it is back | kindly suggest
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Tongue Candidiasis Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query; it suggests that you may be suffering from the tongue candidiasis. For your kind information---> Candidiasis can affect anyone, though it occurs most often in older adults. Illnesses or medical situations that make candida infection more likely to develop include uncontrolled diabetes. Antifungal medications, which are generally taken for 10 to 14 days, are often prescribed to treat thrush. Follow good oral hygiene practices, Limit the amount of sugar and yeast-containing foods such as bread, beer, and wine which encourage candida growth. If you smoke, quit. Please consult the ENT specialist for better diagnosis and management and strict control over the blood sugar level. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor