What is the ideal dose of Azithromycin for treating STD?
Explained the recommended dose of Azythromicin
Thank you for using HCM to post your question.
I read it carefully and I understand your concern.
These are my thoughts :
-- It is indeed a strange indication of Azythromicin.
-- For STI its given 1000 mg in one single dose.
-- For other infections its given 500mg for 3 days once/day or 500 mg the first day and 250 mg for for other days so 5 days total.
-- If your daughter is overweight/obese and if the infection is severe (not for STI because in that case the dose is standard so 1000mg single dose) then it can be given also 500mg once a day for 5 days.
-- Yes it is a medicine that is used for acute cases. In the case of STIs though 4 days won't make much of a difference, but if it was pneumonia or some other infection it would need to start it as soon as possible.
Hope this is helpful and I unswered all your questions.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.
Otherwise please kindly close and rate the answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What std does doxycycline treat
- How to treat std naturally
- Metronidazole treats what std
- What does clindamycin treat std
- Cipro used to treat std
- Can i take azithromycin dose pack for std prophylaxis?
- What std does rocephin treat
- Can this treat std clarithromycin
- What std have i not been treated for already
- Metrogyl 400 treat std
- What causes bulge around rectal area that appears post exercise?
- Suggest tests to diagnose herpes infection
- What causes difficulty in losing weight while suffering from blood clot...
- Can Hydroxycut be taken daily along with Metformin?
- Suggest treatment for torn achilles tendon and nerve pain on left foot
- Can Clindamycin cause tendon rupture?
- What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
- What is low body temperature defined as?
- How long does Morphine remain in the body?
- What causes fever, cough and strange sound while breathing?