What is the half life of Sudafed?

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi I just wanted to know if sudafed ever stops working?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sudafed has a very short half life...

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting the query

The effect of Sudafed is short stayed. The half life of this drug is somewhere between 4-6 hours. Hence, any side effects following ingestion of this drug completely weans off within a day or two.

If there is dryness of the nose or hot flushes following usage of this medicine, you need to drink lots of water and use saline nasal spray as and when required.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for any follow up questions.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Naveen Kumar

ENT Specialist