What is the dosage of Metoprolol and losartan for BP?

Question
I started taking 50mg metoporolol tartate twice a day for blood pressure and hands shaking. I was told by another doctor I should also take losartan 50 mg in the morning and evening. He did not think the metoporolol was doing a good job on the blood pressure(however my blood pressure in the mornings reads 118 to 120 over 74 to 79) now numbers are higher in the evening. I am 60 year old female. just asking is this safe to take these two pills together? this is primary physician verses cardiologists who stated I do have a slight bulge in aorta will check it again in a year.
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No problem

Detailed Answer:
Dear friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is quite safe to take the two pills together…
Most patients need more than one drug – 3 drugs are very common indeed!.

The maximal dose of losartan is 100 mg – may retain potassium / just need to watch later on…
The maximal dose for Metoprolol 200 mg – need to watch the heart rate

Nothing needs to be done for the ‘slight bulge in the aorta’ / needs only follow up – ECHOcardiogram or MRI

You are in good hands
Keep following up

Good luck