Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What is the cure for small rashes and slight pain in upper skin of penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
Hi i have a slight pain on my penis near the joint of upper skin. There seems to be a small rash and pain is coning when i touch that area.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need some information from you first sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Sir, if you do not mind, I would like some information from you. Are you sexually active? If yes, when was the last time you have sexual contact? Was the partner a known person? When did your symptoms first appear? And if you are comfortable you can also upload a picture of the affected region to our discussion. If you are not comfortable uploading a picture to our discussion, then could you very elaborately describe the rash (eg. exact location, extent of spread, if raised surface or not, any spots, color, etc.). Do you have any difficulty urinating? Frequent urination? Any penile discharge? Or any other symptoms sir? As of now, the possibilities can be numerous; so I shall wait for your response which will help narrow down our search, and I shall then explain the way forward from there. In the meantime, please avoid sexual contact of all kinds and also masturbation. Keep the affected region clean and dry, and take a warm shower with epsom salt at least twice a day. Looking forward to your kind response to be able to help you further. Take care sir.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the cure for small rashes and slight pain in upper skin of penis? 6 minutes later
Yes I am active and it is only with my wife. Last time I had sex was two days back and thats when I noticed this. The rash is exactly at the location where the upper skin of penis joins with the inner part. At the bottom of upper skin meeting the red inner part. I am not in a position to send the photo but hope this information helps. I am ot even sure if it is rash, exactly at the joint there is a small part which resembles triangle and when I touch it it gives pain. I dont have pain either urinating or in any other instances. It is only when I touch it. Let me knownif u need more information.n
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Physical examination required;but can try advise Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. Thank you for that information. I can get a gist of the current situation sir, so no problem. The main thing here is that you do not have any other symptoms and your one and only sexual partner is your wife. These are both good things and make the diagnosis a less complicated one. Based on that, we can assume that the most probable cause for your symptoms should be either irritation of the affected region due to sexual activity or a possible fungal infection that could have been brought about due to damp or moist conditions in and around the genital region. Damp or moist conditions around the genital region usually result in stagnation of infection-causing organisms, and this can in turn result in infections or its symptoms. The best advise would be to visit a doctor, as without a physical examination a diagnosis cannot be made. And if a diagnosis is not made, any treatment initiated would only be assumptive. So, it would be best if you can visit a doctor. But in the meantime, you could initiate an over-the-counter anti-fungal cream or ointment like clotrimazole for local application on the affected region once a day, for 5 days, and a single dose anti-fungal tablet containing fluconazole 150 mg once only. If you wish, you could wait and see if this treatment helps you, but if it does not then you will have to visit a doctor for an accurate diagnosis and accordingly get treated sir. I hope you found my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the cure for small rashes and slight pain in upper skin of penis? 2 minutes later
Thank you. I will try this.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is my pleasure to be of assistance Detailed Answer: Sure sir. but I also hope you understand that my advised treatment may not help if the condition I am suspecting is not what you have. I could be wrong as I have not physically examined you and also have not conducted any laboratory investigations to confirm the diagnosis. So if the treatment does not help, it would be my sincere request for you to visit a doctor to get accurately diagnosed and treated. Also, please avoid all forms of sexual contact in the meantime sir. Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the cure for small rashes and slight pain in upper skin of penis? 1 minute later
Sure. I
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Wishing you a speedy recovery Detailed Answer: Hi sir. I sincerely hope this works and you experience a complete recovery and good health thereafter. Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor