Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

What is the cure for blocked sinus and sensations in face?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 146 Questions
Hi I recently sent info and MRI recently about my problem. I know I have a sore neck, I have been to a Neurologist and he has said there is nothing wrong there. I have sore arms with sensations going down them. I also have have sensations when I look down sensations go around my face which is quite distressing and sometimes dizzy. I know I have a block left XXXXXXX sinus and partial on right, I also have been doing PT. Is there a cure for this and what can I do, please help!
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 3 hours later
Brief Answer: CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS Detailed Answer: RESPECTED MA,AM I have gone through your medical history. You reported feeling of numbness /soreness in neck /both arms & dowwn the legs with dizziness while looking /bending down. May I suggest you 1. Take some ANALGESIC/ ANTIVERTIGO MEDICATION for sympyomatic relief . 2. Get your MRI BRAIN to rule out any intracranial cause for these symptoms 3 . If MRI BRAIN / routine BLOOD TESTS LIKE BLOOD SUGAR/SERUM ELECTROLYTES SODIUM POTASSIUM are normal . then go for REPEAT MRI CERVICAL SPINE IN FLEXION ,EXTENSION & NEUTRAL POSITION (DYNAMIC MRI) to rule out any possibility of ATLANTOAXIAL DISLOCATION ETC. 4 If dynamic MRI is also normal , get your CAROTID DOPPLER / CT ANGIOGRAPHY NECK VESSELS to see any intravascular lesion . 5 In the meantime avoid extreme movements in neck . 6 USE SOFT CERVICAL COLLAR for symptomatic relief The aforementioned set of action is going to be important and helpful. Your treating doctor can guide you through those tests. Hope this answers your query Thanx DR XXXXXXX K XXXXXXX DIRECTOR DEPTT. OF NEUROSURGERY
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor