What is the cause and treatment for gum infection?
Possible gum infection due to following causes...
It was difficult to identify the white and red part after your last molar in the photos you provided unfortunately. However, there was only one picture that I could see the red and white part foggily, and it could be probably related to:
- cavity of the molar nearby
- if you have had symptoms of flu recently, might be related to mouth viral manifestations
I advise to take good hygiene of your oral cavity until Friday appointment with your dentist and to:
- rinse your mouth with baking soda diluted in water
- do not eat/drink too hot foods/drinks
Hope it helped! Let me know if I can assist you further!
So, from what you can tell, it doesn't look cancerous at all? I know the pictures were difficult to dissect. It was tough getting a good shot of it all the way in the back of my mouth. But, every time I look something up online, cancer keeps popping up.
Hi back XXXXXXX
From what I have seen, it did not look as cancerous but as some common pathology. It is great that you show such interest, but try not to be obsessed of cancer.
Wait until further consultation with dentist on Friday and let me know!
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can gum infection cause headaches
- Treatment and cure for gum infection
- Gum infection cause stomach infection
- Treatment and cure for acute gum infection
- Can a severe gum infection cause acne
- Can a gum infection cause a seizure
- Gum infection causes
- Acute gum infection causes
- Gum infection causes stomach aches
- Suggest treatment for pain due to gum infection