Suggest remedies for tooth sensitivity

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Dental Health
Question: i am having a very strange problem
I was eating sweets and suddenly on my right molar area i felt some sensitivity pain
then this started happening as i use to have sweet or cold water

i stopped eating such items and then become conscious and taking precautions and maintained a good level of hygiene
Now the area lower cheeks or i should say side chin i have some tickle sensation all the time but very very light pain in nerve that too sometimes.

Some time i also feel itching but i know its something inside .
I showed dentist and he said my teeth are 100% perfect and he cannot see any sign of cavity or decay :O

this has blown my mind he stills asked me to take antibiotics : anti bacterial infection and kretol dt for pain for 5 days

But sir even now i feel the same sensation

one more thing
now i feel pain at back on my right ear and towards head

the tooth isn’t paining at all but the lower cheek seems disturbed due to sensation
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more details.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

Well, your symptoms of having sensitivity to sweet and cold is commonly seen when you have a shallow cavity in the tooth..

However at times cracks in tooth or gum infection can also cause similar sensations along with itchy feeling..

Please provide more details so that I can guide you better:

- Is the sensitivity over the cheek is exactly in the area where the tooth is present?
-Did the dentist took an x ray of your tooth, if yes please upload the x ray?
-Is there any swelling or numbness also present?
-Do you ever feel sensitivity to hot foods also?
-Is the tooth painful or sensitive on biting or chewing also?

Please revert back with answers..

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 2 hours later
Sir Dentist examined my teeth and he said nothing is there and it seems your teeth are in best conditions .
Now I feel itching and irritation just below ear towards jaw bone

no pain in teeth at all just this pain is going towards lower head also and back of ear.

Your question's answers:

No its full teeth cold sensitivity
-Did the dentist took an x ray of your tooth, if yes please upload the x ray?:
No as he said its not dental issue i think
-Is there any swelling or numbness also present? : NO
-Do you ever feel sensitivity to hot foods also? : No I feel good with hot
-Is the tooth painful or sensitive on biting or chewing also? : only sweets which I stopped for 2 days and now I dont feel sensitivity with sweet any more.

is this due to pincing nerve of back of neck as this pain is gng towards arm as well and i feel good on arm when someone massages ..

Its cold in here so maybe the weather is also promoting this pain
Also sir ... I am a s/w prefessional -
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, can be nerve related.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Yes pain can be nerve related.
A cervical x ray can help in ruling out.
Also can you tell that are your wisdom teeth erupted completely or partially?

Please revert back..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad