What is the cause and treatment for bump inside the vagina?

Question
I have had a bad yeast infection that was treated with prescription medication, and for the most part seemed to go away. However I have noticed a sore/bump on the inside of my vaginal lip and am not sure if it is residual irritation from the yeast infection as it was a severe one, or something else?
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Clinical photograph needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms

As diagnosis depends on good visual examination, it would be helpful if you could get back to me with the clinical photograph for further assessment.

Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD

Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for bump inside the vagina? 1 hour later
I can't get a good picture of it, but it is very sore & it is a very small red bump; not raised but rather flat.

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be folliculitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Dear Ms

From the short description given its likely to be due to folliculitis which is inflammation of hair follicle.

I would suggest you the following
1. Hot Seitz bath : To a tub of lukewarm water add handful of common table salt. Sit in it for 15 to 20 minutes each session twice a day.

2. Local application of antibiotic ointment like Mupirocin will be helpful

Do keep me updated

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak

Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for bump inside the vagina? 36 minutes later
Does it not sound like a genital wart outbreak. I have one before but the shape of this one is completely different. The one I had before caused me no irritation; however this one is very sore. Slightly raised,flat, small red bump. I looked at pictures of genital warts online and they all look so different...some were fairly similar but not as small as mine.

Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be warts

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

It definitely does not sound genital wart.
Exact diagnosis is only possible by clinical inspection.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak