What is mild anisocytosis and are predominantly normochromic and normocytic?

Dr. Guru

Posted on Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Blood Disorders
Question: what is" mild anisocytosis and are predominantly normochromic and normocytic"
is it bad?my doc said to avoid it
Answered by Dr. Guru 12 minutes later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!
"Mild Anisocytosis" means that there is slight variation in the size of red blood cells. It is not very bad. But the most common causes include iron deficiency, folate deficiency etc.

And 'normochromic and normocytic' means the cells are good with hemoglobin and size.

Though it is not serious, let your treating doctor find the cause of such mild anisocytosis and treat accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you good health.
Follow up: Dr. Guru 9 minutes later
sir to mention a little bit more...i was having viral fever when it was caught in malaria test...my grandmother(my mother's mother) is 80 year old and she has just been diagnosed with multiple myeloma,whats steps can i take to prevent this from happening to me or my kids,i am very healthy otherwise and 83 kgs with 5'9 height,why has my doctor asked me to avoid this...should i consult another doctor.
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Thanks for the update and follow up.
I can understand your concern. Unfortunately, multiple myeloma does not have any factors which can be prevented. Age is one the risk factors( more than 50). To reassure you, it is not contagious and not familial. Please do not worry about it, as we cannot prevent it.

As I have mentioned that most common causes of mild anisocytosis are iron deficiency, folate deficiency etc, let your treating doctor find the cause of such mild anisocytosis and treat accordingly.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Wish you good health.