What is hyperkinetic heart syndrome?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Question: hi i have recently been given some pills because my resting pulse is between 90-110 . However when i looked at the pills it said it is due to hyperkinetic heart syndrome. what does that mean exactly
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is a condition with heart pumping faster... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Please take note that "Hyperkinetic Heart Syndrome" is a condition in which the heart is pumping (working) faster than normal resulting in high heart rate (pulse) as in your case in between 90-110. This is because the auto-regulation of heart's work is being damaged by the sympathetic over-stimulation resulting in increase in cardiac output and increase of mean systolic pressure, increase in cardiac output and increase of mean systolic pressure. The pills you are taking will help your heart work within the normal range, however this does not mean that you might have this syndrome. There are other parameters to be considered before such diagnosis is made including the results of EKG, Holter monitoring and cardiac echo and blood pressure monitoring. All the best! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T