Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

What is an alternative for Acitrome ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12613 Questions
My brother-in-law has been taking Acitrome 2 and Acitrome 1 after heart valve replacement. He is 66 years old. He is visiting from India and is running out of medications. Are Acitrome 2 and 1 available in US under the same name?

Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
Acitrom is an anti coagulant which thins the blood and decreases the tendency of blood to clot inside the arteries thus preventing thrombosis ( clots).
Acitrom is marketed with the same name in US also but it is not an over the counter available drug. Its administration needs a careful and regular monitoring of blood coagulation profile.
You need to consult a physician and get this drug prescribed after showing him all your previous records and the doctor's recommendations in India.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor