What happens after Nicip plus overdose?

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Mon, 19 May 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Doc I took 7 nicip plus tablet and I vomited what will happen to me
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no cause for concern

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear XXXX

Nicip plus contains combination of Nimesulide and Paracetamol. Both are non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs. Taking seven tablets causes drug induced gastritis and vomiting. As you have vomited it would have expelled majority of drug from body. So there seems to be no cause for concern.
If you experience mild upper abdominal stomach pain , it will respond to antacid. In case the pain worsens do consult your Physician.
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best Regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD