What does this urine test report indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Had microscopic hematuria with rbc 3-10 /hpf. Going to see a urologist for the first time tomorrow. what can I expect to happen.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to mild UTI .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Microscopic hematuria could be due to
1)Mild infection of the bladder (Cystistis).
2) Stone disease in kidney
3) Enlarged prostate

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have any other urinary symptoms like burning urination ,frequency for urination ,urgency etc ?

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Urologist may do following tests
1)Digital Rectal Examination to rule out any pathology in prostate
2)Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen
3) Serum PSA.

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 4 minutes later
my legs have been swelling my doctor told me a few weeks ago that was because of my norvasc.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
To get swelling of legs is a known side effect of Amlodepine

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

To get swelling of the legs and ankle is known side effect of Amlodepine due to fluid retention .

Consult your Physician to change the drug or to modify the dose .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 minutes later
so that's probably not related to the blood in my urine?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is not related to Microscopic Hematuria

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

The swelling of legs and ankle is not related to microscopic Hematuria .

Thanks and Regards,
Dr.Patil