What does this semen analysis report indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
Hello Doctor,
The first test of my semen showed the results like: Sperm count per ml was 27million, total sperm count was 81 million and the motility (Rapid progressive was 00%, sluggish motility was 10%), sperm morphology was 74% abnormal
The second round (after 5 months): Sperm count per ml was 47million, total sperm count was 188 million and the motility (Rapid progressive was 10% and sluggish motility was 15%), sperm morphology was 60% abnormal.
The third round (after 4 months of the 2nd round): Sperm count per ml was 92million, total sperm count was 276 million and the motility (Rapid progressive was 10% and sluggish motility was 15%), sperm morphology was 52% abnormal.
I have been trying some medication (after 2nd round of SA test) like L-Carnitine (Carnisure 500mg), Multi-Vitamins, Vitamin E( Evion 400mg), Ashwagandha tabs, moderate exercise, Walnuts, Pumpkin seeds, Dark Chocolate and other anti-oxidants (I have started this treatment after 2nd round of test and the result was prominent.)
After showing this SA result to Doctor, she said if the motility does not increase then you will have to go for IUI.
I am pretty much sure there is no ventricle present as there are no symptoms like low sperm count, pain, etc... (ref to the verbal communication with one Dr.)
Please advice me as we want to get conception naturally...
Thanks...
XXXX
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your recent Semen analysis report is near normal values

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query
Based on the all the reports of your Semen analysis I would state that your recent Semen analysis report is near normal values

A progressive motility of sperms playsvery important role in conception .It 10-15 %of motile (Progressive apeman) are considered to be normal for conception

With given report I would suggest you to continue the same treatment. I think there should be no problem in having conception by natural means .

Thanks and Regards.Please do write if you need any help.
Dr. Patil

Follow-up: What does this semen analysis report indicate? 2 days later
Hello Dr.,
Thanks for your reply.
Gyno has also started treatment for my wife...
As per Gyno's advice, she has done the hormones test and Gyno prescribed here two tablets (for Hormones problems i guess):
1) COR -3 tablets (on daily regular basis till the pregnancy takes place
2) Siphene 50mg for 5 days from the 2nd day of her period. She is now on 3rd day (today).
My query is:
1) She has a history of irregular period. Why these tablets have been prescribed for her? Does she have PCOS or any other problem? Gyno has examined her physically and there is no physical problem found as per Gyno.
2) When exactly (date) we should have intercourse now as she is being treated on pills for the ovulation (I guess after reading review of these prescribed tablets on internet)
3) How do we calculate her ovulation period as we have no idea about the symptoms of ovulation, please advice for the same.
I am desperately waiting for your reply Sir...

Thanks and Regards,
XXXX

Brief Answer:
Ovulation occurs between 12-20 th day from first day of last menstruation

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up ..
Normally Ovulation occurs on between 12-20 th day of last menstruation provided menstrual cycle of a woman is regular.

Since menstrual cycle of your wife is irregular your Gynecologist has prescribed medications to regularize the same .

I is very difficult to predict the precise date of Ovulation .Hence you can practice intercourse between this period .

There are few signs that determine the ovulation like rise in basal body temperature of a woman ,pain or discomfort in lower abdomen.increase in secretions of cervix etc .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What does this semen analysis report indicate? 20 minutes later
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your reply!
I just wanted to know the symptoms of vericocele (VC). As per the guidelines seen on the internet to be checked for VC, I am certain that I do not have testicular pain, nor any symptoms of swelling on either side of the testicles.
I also heard that the symptoms include the lower sperm count which is not in my case. Does VC affect the motility too?

My second query is that how these pills (prescribed to my wife) will improve the ovulation, means will my wife ovulate on time?
Please assist me Sir!

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medicines prescribed would regulate the menstrual cycle .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

I am concerned about your anxiety .

There are many factors that can cause low sperm count including Varicocele .Do not surf on internet .It will confuse you more than offering any solution .

Pain or discomfort in testicles ,swelling of spermatic cord with feeling like worms in cord and positive clinical and radiological finding on ultrasound scanning of testicles would help to diagnose .You can consult qualified Urologist or General surgeon for clinical examination .This will help to alleviate your anxiety .

Medicines prescribed by Gynecologist will help to regulate menstrual cycle .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.