• question-icon

What does this semen analysis report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: My sperm count is 40 million. Is it is low or average sperm count. Please go find the attached file and let me know my status.Actually my wife is not getting wet and even not hugging during intercourse. But blaming on me.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your semen analysis report is completely normal

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for suing Healthcaremagic.

I read your semen analysis report and understand your concerns.

In the attached report there is no abnormality made out and it is completely within normal range.

40 Miillion sperms per ml is completely normal as normal is 20-80 Million per ml and your value falls in the middle of range or near the average.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 6 minutes later
Any problem with PH or alkaline. WBC level 15 - 20. I'm completely elgible to make my wife pregnant right?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Count is normal but

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for reverting back to me.

As I informed you already you have completely normal report regarding the number of sperms but there is some bad report which is motility.

The normal motility is 50% or above but in your case it is just 40% which is lower than normal but not a bad thing

Regarding 7.5 Ph, it is also within normal limit and between the range of 7-8 which is considered normal.

The WBC of 15-20 is indicative of some urinary tract infection which do not affect your ability to make pregnant and so irrelevant here.

To conclude there is good chance for you to become father in normal way.

I hope this assists you further.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 9 minutes later
Thanks a lot. My final query. My wife is not getting wet during the intercourse. Even if I do foreplay for long time. She is not getting wet. She is not willing to change the positions. She will not give even hug during the sex but blaming on me that I'm not getting tempered and I'm not interested in sex like that. She is not ready to come for counseling.

Please advice me that what kind of test/treatment I have to give for her.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She need counselling

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for follow up.

I do not think you need to give her any treatment as it is very difficult to convince somebody who is not willing to change especially by partner.

Having said this you need to bring her to counselling table as she needs immense help through counselling.

Tell her that blaming each other not going to solve problem and it is collective responsibility to move forward in right direction.

In addition convince her that sex is not something which is unidirectional and equal participation of both partners are required.

I hoe this helps you.
Thanks and regards.

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist