• question-icon

What does this lipid profile test report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Dear Sir,

Please see my attached report and specific to the lipid profile. there are some higher values on TRIGLYCERIDES AND VLDL. please advise, how can I control these values?

Is this really worry about?

I have been diagonosed with the chorinic prostratis and also following medication i am taking:
Currently the following medicines taking:

Doxy-100 MG twice per day, this dose has been finished 2 days ago. I have taken twice weeks.

Currently taking nitrofurantoin twice per day.

levofloxacin 750 once per day usually taking in the night.

Alfoo 10.5 once per day.

I also having a high blood pressure and for which I usually takes telpress CT 40/12.5 but my blood pressure were normal in the last 8 months so sometime, i take and sometime not the bp medicine.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Relax, There is nothing to worry about

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX

After going through the medical details and reports provided by you I would like to tell you that all your reports are well within normal range and there is nothing to worry about.

Your Triglyceride levels are slightly raised and that can be easily and very well be taken care with the help of dietary modifications and regular daily exercises.

Precautions ypu need to take are:

1. Cut down the intake do Rice and potatoes in your diet.
2. Avoid junk and deep fried food
3. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
4. Drink approximately 2 ltrs of water daily.
5. Stop smoking if you do.
6. Daily morning walks for 45 mins a day for 5 days a week.

Repeat your lipid profile after 3 months of strictly following this schedule and your VLDL and Triglyceride levels will be in normal range.

Regarding your bp meds it's advisable that you should take them regularly and not on and off even if your Bp is under control.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist