What does this lipid profile indicate?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am 37 yr male, last week chck the LIPID profile Cholesterol is 210 mg/dl, Triglycerides 110, HDL 52, LDL 136, VLDL 22, TC/HDL cholesterol ratio - 4.04 ratio, LDL/HDL Ratio - 2.6. Pls advice
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Only life style modification.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
I understand your concern.
You Mild Dyslipidemia and with such level of derangement, treatment with drugs is not required.
You just need to modify your life style a little, to get the derangement under control.
You should also get your blood sugar, and thyroid profile done in case it has not been done yet.
I would advise you to:
1.Reduce your weight. Exercise daily even if your body weight is normal.
2.Avoid Fatty food in diet.
3.To avoid potato, rice, oil, ghee, sweets, carbonated beverages as far as possible
4. Avoid alcohol and smoking in case you do.
Get your lipid profile repeated after 3 months and write back to me with reports.
Based on the available details, this is my true opinion for you. If you have any further query, please ask me.
Stay healthy.

Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 23 minutes later
Fasting Blood sugar is 75 mg & thyroid will check it on tomorrow. Weight is 74 KG i think it is not normal and what is normal weight for 37 yr male
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Start exercise.

Detailed Answer:
It's great to know that your blood sugars are normal. In case, there is any derangement in your thyroid profile write back to me with reports.
The ideal weight depends on your height that can be calculated by using BMI Calculator.
Good Luck.
Dr. Anshul Varshney