What does this electrocardiogram report indicate?

Dr. Priyank Mody

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi,

I did a general health checkup of my dad yesterday and his ECH report says Sinus bradycardia. I also did 2D Echo which says everything is normal. All other values in the report seems to be ok.

I have attached the entire report and request you to advise on how to take it further. Is it something to worry and take my father to further tests?

Please advise.

Thanks,

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ecg suggests sinus bradycardia. It's normal to have so

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,
I am Dr. Mody and I would be addressing your concern.
I went through the Ecg and it is Sinus bradycardia.
For all practical purpose it's normal to have and it's very common particularly if your father is an active person who goes for walks , gym or has been an athlete . This would suggest an healthy and we'll trained heart .
Many a times some blood pressure or some other medication can decrease the heart rate . Even with that 50 + heart rate is on to have .
Rule out hypothyroidism as it's a common cause if there are symptoms . A simple S.Tsh would be best.
Regards Dr. Priyank Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad