Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What does this blood report indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1354 Questions
Hello, Around 10 days back was having cough , sore throat and fever . Doc diagnosed with pharyngitis and prescribed Augmentin 650 twice daily for five day. Have completed the course fever is improved , but dry cough is still there and have weakness in the body. At the end of antibiotic course have gone for CBC and below are the reports.
Hg 13.7
RBC 4.84
TLC 11.05
Neutrophils 7.54
Lymphocytes 2.48
Monocytes 0.72
Eosinophils 0.31
Basophils 0.01
platelet 500
ESR 74

Looking at above report Doc suggested to have another round of antibiotics claribid 500 Mg twice daily for five days as he says some infection is still there. Please suggest should I go for another round of antibiotics.
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
As the TLC IS Raised, you still have infection. You should take another course of antibiotics as prescribed.
Take clarithromycin for 5 days and get the Total leukocyte count repeated.
Take steam inhalation and do gargles for cough relief.
Take a multivitamin supplement and good diet.
You can send me the picture of your throat so that I can suggest you better
Any further questions are always welcome.
Take care
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does this blood report indicate? 45 minutes later
What dose of clarithromycin should I take 250 or 500 mg twice daily. Also suggest good multivitamin.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat

Detailed Answer:
Take clarithromycin 500 twice daily.
You can take capsule bevon or becosules once daily.
Take care
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor