What does this blood report indicate?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello, Around 10 days back was having cough , sore throat and fever . Doc diagnosed with pharyngitis and prescribed Augmentin 650 twice daily for five day. Have completed the course fever is improved , but dry cough is still there and have weakness in the body. At the end of antibiotic course have gone for CBC and below are the reports.
Hg 13.7
RBC 4.84
TLC 11.05
Neutrophils 7.54
Lymphocytes 2.48
Monocytes 0.72
Eosinophils 0.31
Basophils 0.01
platelet 500
ESR 74

Looking at above report Doc suggested to have another round of antibiotics claribid 500 Mg twice daily for five days as he says some infection is still there. Please suggest should I go for another round of antibiotics.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
As the TLC IS Raised, you still have infection. You should take another course of antibiotics as prescribed.
Take clarithromycin for 5 days and get the Total leukocyte count repeated.
Take steam inhalation and do gargles for cough relief.
Take a multivitamin supplement and good diet.
You can send me the picture of your throat so that I can suggest you better
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 45 minutes later
What dose of clarithromycin should I take 250 or 500 mg twice daily. Also suggest good multivitamin.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Take clarithromycin 500 twice daily.
You can take capsule bevon or becosules once daily.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D