What does this MRI report indicate?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 18 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I still have "bronchitis" with a very productive cough and laryngitis after 3 weeks. I am very easily exhausted. I can hear wheezing when I breath. MRI shows "shotty bilateral II A and IV cervical lymph nodes." And "Bilateral maxillary and mild ethmoid mucoperiosteal thickening." Is this more serious than bronchitis?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need PFT to identify the severity of bronchitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on HealthcareMagic.
I can understand your concern.
You are having sinusitis. And sinusitis can cause bronchitis. Both of them are easily treatable conditions, so don't worry much about it.
Sinusitis needs antibiotics.
Bronchitis needs inhaled bronchodilators like formoterol, salmeterol, ipratropium bromide according to severity of bronchitis.
And for severity, you need PFT (Pulmonary Function Test).
So better to consult pulmonologist and get done PFT first.
After starting inhaled bronchodilators, your symptoms like wheezing, exhausted feeling, productive cough etc will also improve.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 47 minutes later
Can the PFT be done by my PCP? Is 3 weeks a normal amount of time to still have this amount of sickness? As I previously stated, on the 3rd day of this yuck, I had bloody phlegm being coughed up. I went to my PCP who prescribed a Z pack and an inhaler. So antibiotics and a bronchodilator have already been tried.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
I don't think PCP will be able to do PFT.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
You are will mostly need to consult pulmonologist for PFT.
And for routine illness, recovery is seen in mostly 2 weeks. So 3 weeks duration is more as far as recovery is concerned.
Can you please let me know which inhaler you have taken? Some inhalers are short acting, so they are not much effective.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana