Suggest medication for loss of voice along with running nose and chest congestion
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Loss of voice after nasal or throat infection is usually due to inflammation of the vocal cords leading to laryngitis.
You should get an endoscopic examination of the larynx done to rule out any other vocal cord pathology like a polyp or a nodule.
Please tell me what medicines have you been taking so far?
Any difficulty in swallowing?
Avoid smoking and take a complete voice rest.
Take steam inhalation.
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards
Thanks for the information.
As you are not able to sing and the voice is still hoarse in spite of antibiotics you are probably having some laryngeal pathology like a vocal cord polyp or a vocal cord nodule or vocal cord edema.
You should get an endoscopy examination of the larynx done to rule out any such pathology. The treatment will depend upon the diagnosis.
I would advise you not to take any more antibiotics rather take steam inhalation and do a complete voice rest for few days.
Avoid smoking as it may aggravate the symptoms.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chest infection loss of voice
- Chest cold and loss of voice
- Infant cough and loss of voice
- Suggest the medication for running nose and sneezing
- Loss of voice chest heavy
- Loss of voice
- Headache chest pressure loss of voice
- Suggest medication for cold and running nose
- Congestion sore throat loss of voice
- Congestive heart failure and loss of voice
- What causes pulsatile tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue, mild headache and tightness in the chest
- Suggest remedies for metallic taste in the mouth
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty in an asthma patient
- How can a cyst below the tonsil be treated?
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- What causes blood in sputum when diagnosed with TB?
- Is HIV 4th generation test done three weeks after exposure conclusive?
- Can cerumen cause tinnitus?
- Is inhaling plastic fumes harmful?