What does this ECG report indicate?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have been diagnosed as a hypertension patient. My BP reading was 170/105 one week before I was advised by the physician to take 1.) Metpure XL 50 and 2.) Telma 40 daily. My BP has come down to 120/80. My pulse rate always shows between 60 to 70. However, my ECG report showed resting heart rate as 52. When, I told this to the physician. Then he told me that everything is fine as your pulse rate is above 60.
My question is that though my BP has come down to normal after taking these medicines. But, I feel slight pain or tightness in my chest. Do you think that is because of my ECG report stating resting heart rate as 52? Although my pulse rate continues to reflect 68 per minute.

I also want to ask that is it advisable by the doctor to give Metpure XL 50 mg (Beta Blocker) if my heart rate is 52 in ECG? I also want to mention that surprisingly my pulse rate is 68?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that it's not possible to have this much variation in pulse rate and heart rate on ecg paper at a given point of time until unless some Arrythmia is happening.

Before giving any opinion I would like to see your ecg. Kindly upload your ecg pic for evaluation.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 12 hours later
Dear Sir,
I have uploaded my ECG report.

Regards, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Dear Sir,
I have uploaded my ECG reports. Please provide your comments.
Best Regards, XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
I have seen you ecg. It's sinus bradycardia which means just heart rate is lil slow otherwise it's normal.

It can very well be due to the effect of Metoprolol. Also in my opinion we can lower the dose of metoprolol to 25 mg. Also keep an eye on your blood pressure by measuring it regularly. Consult your doctor and discuss this point with him.

I hope this information will answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana