Suggest treatment for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation, paroxysmal atrial tachycardia and hypertension

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
I have been diagnosed with Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation, Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia and Hypertension, and my last EKG reads Market Sinus Bradycardia . The two first diagnoses are new, the sinus have been previously diagnosed but not as bad as it is now. I have always been diagnosed with Hypotension . I have been put on Eliquis, Tambocor and Lopressor. I am 69, I have been very healthy, I don't drink, not smock Not recreational drugs, healthy and balance diet, and I do exercise, and no family history. Even with all of these medications my heart rate is very erratic. Am I candidate for a peacemaker?.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

I passed carefully through your medical history and would like to explain that, whether you are going to be a candidate for permanent pacemaker implantation, it will depend on your clinical symptomatology.

If you have experienced any episodes of syncope (loss of conscience or near syncope) in the setting of severe bradycardia or ventricular pauses and if these pathological findings are not due to any adverse medication effects, then a pacemaker would be a rational medical indication.

In this regard, a prolonged ECG (Holter) monitoring would help clarify if you have severe bradycardia, ventricular pauses, sino-atrial or atrio-ventricular block.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri