What does the following blood test result indicate?

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doc,

I got a routine Blood Test done recently and a lot of parameters were not in normal ranges like TSH, ABG etc. Please suggest on the next steps. Report is attached for reference.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kampana 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Subclinical hypothyroidism

Detailed Answer:

I have looked through your reports. All the tests are normal except for TSH which is slightly high but with normal T3 and T4. This suggests it is subclinical hypothyroidism.

Generally hypothyroidism shows symptoms of weight gain, loss of appetite, sleepy/ drowsy, intolerance to the cold, menstrual irregularities, easy tiredness, loss libido etc. If you have any of the symptoms I would suggest you to meet an endocrinologist for a thorough examination and treatment.

Average Blood Glucose(ABG) is normal. Nothing to worry.

Vitamin D is slightly on a lower side, I would advice you go out as your skin produces more vitamin D if you expose it during the middle of the day. You can take vitamin D XXXXXXX once a week for 4 weeks if the vitamin D deficiency increases.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana