What does the following blood test report indicate?
You need to take a combination of Statin with Fibrate
Dear XXXXXXX Hi
I can understand your concern regarding the efficacy of the prescribed medications.
Novastat (Rosuvastatin) and Tonact (Atorvastatin) belong to the STATIN group of medications used to treat high cholesterol levels.
Since you have an elevated levels of both cholesterol and triglycerides, therefore you need to take the additional medication Fenofibrate (which reduces high triglycerides) along with Atorvastatin.
So, this medication is better than Novastat.
This combination is available as a prescription drug Tonact TG.
Continue taking the medication during night time and check the lipid profile after 3 months.
This medicine is generally well tolerated however it may cause myalgia (muscle pain), vomiting, & liver injury.
I would also advise that you should take vegetables, fruits, home cooked foods
Do regular aerobic exercises.
Avoid fatty foods, fast and junk foods,
I hope this helps you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to answer if you have follow up query.
Inflammation of liver is very rare side effect
Dear XXXXXXX Hi
Thanks for your reply and the compliments.
Inflammation of the liver (liver injury) is a very rare side effect due to allergic reaction which is totally unpredictable and reflected in the form of increased levels of liver enzymes. Usually, the liver enzyme elevation occurs within the first 3-12 months of initiation of the medication. Most of these elevations are asymptomatic and associated with higher doses of drug.
Patients with underlying liver diseases are more prone to develop this injury.
Hope this answers your query.
Kindly rate the answers if you do not have any follow up query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What are the normal values in a blood test report
- Blood test done what are the findings in the report
- Conducted blood test what does the report imply
- Done blood test what is the interpretation of this report
- What does my blood test report suggest
- Crp blood test done what does the reports indicate
- What are the findings from the childs blood test report
- Blood test done what does the reports indicate treatment measures
- What does these blood tests indicate