What does the following LFT report indicate?

Dr. Geeta Sundar

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: This is my lab report of LFT

Cholesterol. 258

LDL cholesterol. 178

Bilirubin direct. 0 .2

Bilirubin Total 0 .8

SGOT. 93

SGPT. 225

What's my Liver condition and what should I do?
I usually consumed liquor like 90ml in morning,90 ml with lunch and 180- 220 ml night every day......
Is delayed eating habits produce unwanted or harmful liver enzymes??
Can i drink anymore? If yes what quantity??
Please consider my questions
Thanking you....
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, SGOT and SGPT are raised

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome to Health care magic,
Your cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, are raised. and SGOT and SGPT are also raised.
This shows you have dyslipidemia--raised bad lipids, and disturbed liver functions.

If you also have increase in your abdominal girth (more than half your height in centimeters), plus fat accumulation in liver (on sonography)--you have metabolic syndrome. You will later develop Hypertension, Diabetes and heart disease.

Even if you only have raised lipids and disturbed liver functions it is a warning of something more serious--fibrous changes in liver and cirrhosis.

Alcohol in any amount is toxic for your liver.

Even statins to lower lipids can be given only with great caution since they also raise liver enzymes.

First you liver has to be brought to normal with abstinence and medication and then statins have to be given.

Delayed eating does not raise liver enzymes.

Please revert back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D