What does my sonomammography report indicate?
I recently felt sharp shooting pain in my right breast when touched at a certain angle. This was just before my periods. After the periods the pain reduced but I still felt it at times. So I underwent another Sonomammography. Report attached.
Would like to understand the meaning of this report and what will be the medication if any that I should be taking.
Benign condition of bilateral fibrocystic disease of breast .
Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly with both reports attached .
* This latest report indicates bilateral fibrocystic disease of the breast .
* There are various reasons for the same , most common of it is hormonal
changes and deficiency of certain vitamins .
* It is totally benign condition , and does not indicate any cancer threat to worry .
* Guidelines for better recovery
- Balanced nutritious diet with more of green leafy veg , whole grains , cereals ,
pulses , legumes , organic fresh fruits .
- Daily intake of Vitamin E capsule helps great .
- Tab. ibuprofen in more pain conditions .
- If associated changes in menstrual pattern as well , it may require certain
hormone preparations later on , not at present .
- Avoid stress , anxiety .
- Regular sound sleep of 7 - 8 hours .
- Regular walking in fresh air , exercises , YOGA support a lot .
- Avoid smoking or alcohol consumption if using .
- Keep a regular check every 6 months with sonography .
Hope this clears your query .
Welcome for further guidance .
Your response eases my mind greatly.
Will following your advice on a nutritious diet and exercise along with Vitamin E make the lesions seen in the sonomammography go away?
Also could you recommend any specific name for a vitamin E supplement?
follow up .
Welcome XXXXXXX ,
* There are more than 70 % chances of resolution of these cysts with time
provided hormonal imbalance is managed with diet , stress management &
supplementing nutrients .
* Cap. Natvie E ( 400 ) mg morning and evening after meals for 3 months .
This you can get over the counter without prescription .
* Follow up USG advisable after 3 months for initial results .
* Later on depending upon that report you may or may not require further
hormone medicines . ( many doctors jump on those molecules from the first
instance but I make my patients to have patience & if needed at certain time
period then only I advise ) .
Hope this will clear your doubts .
Welcome for further questions anytime .
Even after closure of the question , I would like your follow up for this case to
YYYY@YYYY if you wishes .
Wishing you fine recovery and best health ahead .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does the medical report indicate
- What does the ecg report indicate
- What does the sperm report indicate
- What does the mri report indicate
- What does my report indicate
- What does the fnac report indicate
- What does the culture report indicate
- What does the test report indicate
- What does word indication on a mri report indicate
- Pregnant what does the report indicate