What does the following CAT scan report indicate?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: Had a CatScan w/contrast 2-21-17. "There is a single focus of air within the nondependent portion of the bladder." What does this mean?
Scan also showed: "8mm low-density lesion within the posterior aspect of the pancreatic body."
Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
see next

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Single focus of air means that there is very small amount of air in bladder wall and it may be sign of cystitis in some cases especially if you have some symptoms such as pain during urination or fever. But also, it may not mean anything pathological.

The second thing is indicating pancreas lesion which is also small and this is probably benign pancreatic cyst, but follow up is required in 6 months so that potential enlargement can be detected on time and then further treatment can be planned. Most such cysts don't grow and probably there wont be therapy needed.

Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D