What does the following CAT scan report for kindney infection indicate?

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Infections
Question: I have a diagnosis of a right kidney infection which showed on the cat scan.
My urine is 1+ with WBC of 25-50 trace of protein , small blood and lred blood cells 2-5
My question...in the very day that this showed my internist ran a urine test and called to say everything is fine as there was no growth over the weekend.

Question I had urinary symptoms , nausea and malasie and back pain. Can the test show nothing and one still has a kidney infection.
?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It's possible in case of non communicating infecti

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

In case of non communicating type of kidney infection, the urine can be normal both grossly and microscopic.
When there is infection of kidney and it fails to communicate with collecting tubule or renal pelvis , the urine may be normal.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD