What does the constant urge to urinate after protected sex indicate?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello 7 weeks ago unprotected oral and protected sex new partner.
Tested twice for usual std via urine sample and 3 swab under microscope test negative .blood test at 6 weeks negative .Went to my gp told uti sent wee off all came back fine ? .my symptoms are constant need to wee but no wee and slight discharge kinda like snot after I wee gum clinic said nothing to worry about so did my dr what do I do ?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See next please

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

I don't think this is related to sexual intercourse. In most cases your symptoms don't indicate any disease and it pulls back spontaneously. You should drink more fluids and raspberry tea. in some cases it may be seen in some UTI, small kidney stones or certain kidney inflammation.

But I don't think that some more specific tests are required at this point. If symptoms persist for more than a month, then you should do Ultrasound-KUB & Pelvis and check kidney profile.

Feel free to ask further.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 6 minutes later
Thank you ! I have alrwady ordered a mycoplasma test do you think its worth testing for ? I have no pain anywhere just the irge to wee and strange diacharge
Brief Answer:
Follow-up

Detailed Answer:

Yes, it would be good to check for mycoplasma definitely. If there is no pain, fever or burning pain during urinating then this is not likely to be UTI...

Wish you good health

Follow up: Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 13 minutes later
Thanks whats the chances of there being mycoplasma as im a bit worried and have been stressing about it havent slept and had major anxoety
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow-up

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

There are some chances, it may also be urethritis not related to STD. Also mycoplasma could have been contracted at any time in the past and now become active. Fortunately, even if mycoplasma is confirmed, it can be easily treated with short course of antibiotics. This is also not dangerous as other STDs, but if your test comes positive, you should advice your partner to have test too.

Wish you good health
Follow up: Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 21 minutes later
Thank you i was told that contracting it from oral was highly unlikely and that the swab test at the gum clinic would have found it . I did have urge to wee and doscharge arohnd 2 weeks ago ... it went away then o had a panic attack and it came
Back
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Yes,it is not likely that it can be caused by oral sex and I don't think these are symptoms of mycoplasma. You should be patient and see how will it develop. If there is no swab confirmation then there is no need for antibiotics.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 5 minutes later
Thank you for your help
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome. if you have any other questions, I ll be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj