What does the PAP smear test results indicate?
Upload all test reports.
Thanks for writing to us.
Kindly, upload or attach all latest test reports and give details about your problem including current medication (if any). It helps to assist you better and give proper guideline.
Awaiting for your earliest response.
Dr S Patra
Problems to wife:
Recurring problem in passing Urine
Discharge of white fluid
Itching and irritation
Problems with me
Itching and iritation around the covering skin
Bacterial vaginosis with LSIL
Thanks for attached report.
I have reviewed your wife's report and it reveals Bacterial Vaginosis along with Low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (LSIL) - mild cervical dysplasia (mostly caused by Human Papilloma Virus) as detected by Pap Smear test.
1) For LSIL : I suggest her to follow the treatment (i.e Cryotherapy to remove the affected cervical tissue and HPV vaccination to prevent Cervical Cancer) as recommended by her doctor. It is absolutely RIGHT treatment choice.
2) For Bacterial Vaginosis and itching : Metronidazole vaginal suppository or Gel should be added along with prescribed medication. It can applied at bed time for 5 to 7 days.
Some preventive measures should be followed to AVOID recurrent infection:
a) Use vaginal moisturizer cream like VAGISIL cream to maintain vaginal Normal pH. Maintain genital hygiene and urinate properly (before and after sex).
b) Wear only cotton clothes. Don't wear any tight fitting cloths or pant to avoid repeated friction/ irritation. Take sound sleep adequately.
c) Take healthy diet with anti oxidant (like Vitamin -E or C, Selenium, Zinc etc) supplements. Drink plenty of water or take Cranberry juice to flush out body toxin and bacterial load. She must LIMIT salty/ sugary/ fatty foods.
d) Avoid chemical cosmetics, perfume or scented bath products around genital area. Keep the area mostly dry. She should avoid unprotected intercourse with chemical lubricant until problem is resolved completely.
3) I suggest her to undergo one routine urine culture and drug sensitivity test to determine most sensitive antibiotic drug and prevent recurrent urine infection.
4) For your case: You should use CONDOM until her problem is resolved. You must take prescribed medication (NUFORCE SZ kit) as directed. Maintain genital hygiene properly and drink plenty of water.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
It was very kind of you to give a detailed description
Would like to tell thet the medications mentioned in the prescription for XXXXXXX and Myself have already been taken and course is completed.
We are bit confused wether to go for cryotherapy and vaccination or not as one of our known doctors has told us that this treatment will only increase problems and things would not get cured.
Therefore would like to know if this is the best treatment or there is some other alternate treatment for this problem.
Also I have taken the kit mentioned for me at the back of the prescription but still there is itching and irritation.
Request if you can prescribe complete medications for myself and my wife along with their names and time table whci we can take further to cure the disease and also suggest if we should go with cryotherapy and vaccination or something else
Need Cryosurgery and vaccination.
Thanks for follow up queries.
1) It is MILD cervical dysplasia (LSIL) at present and early treatment is preferred to prevent future risk of Cervical Carcinoma. Colposcopy can be done to confirm if there is suspicious lesion resent. Cryosurgery can be done to remove that lesion. Vaccination is also helpful. They will reduce the possible risk to some extent.
2) Only prescribed medicine CAN'T cure or eliminate RECURRENT vaginal infection. She needs life style modification. I suggest her to follow preventive measures as mentioned in my earlier text. It takes time to build healthy vaginal flora. Prebiotic and probiotic can be taken additionally.
I suggest her to undergo complete hormone profile, differential blood count, blood sugar and routine urine examination with CULTURE and DRUG sensitivity test. After that, you must contact with your treating doctor for complete prescription with dosing and frequency.
3) I suggest you to use SURFAZ-SN cream locally (twice daily) after proper cleaning. Drink plenty of water to flush out body toxin.
Hope, I have answered your queries. Kindly, close the discussion.
All the best and good luck.
Dr S patra
We had refered these reports to one of our known Gyne in XXXXXXX on 27.10.2014 and she has prescribed a antibiotic course for another 7 days along with Urine tests which we have got done and re[ports are attached.
She is recommending anothe LBC+HPV test after which she will prescribe the treatment and have advised to get the test done after 2 weeks.
Now my question is wether we should go for anothe antibotic course as prescribed is their any harm to the body due to so many antibiotics and also why she is again going for these test when it is already done.
request your advise on wether the recommendation and prescription is correct or we should refer somebody else .
I have uploaded the latest prescription and latest test reports also let me know wether HPV was tested in earlier LBC test conducted or if the report is not correct
Repeat LCB + HPV test for confirmation.
Thanks for follow-up query. Followings are my comments:
1) She can take the antibiotic course (as prescribed by her doctor) to improve the current condition. Line of treatment is slight different from previous one.
She has added Lactacyd Vaginal wash. It will be worthwhile to normalize vaginal pH and make healthy flora. Other medicines are to be taken as directed.
2) Urine routine and culture report are NORMAL. Prescribed antibiotics are quite SAFE and their side effects are very minimum.
DRUG SENSITIVITY TEST would be a better option to determine the sensitivity of the specific antibiotics. Repeated using of antibiotics can make RESISTANCE to particular groups of drug and we CAN'T expect better or improved result. Kindly, consult with your treating doctor regarding this.
3) Though, she has undergone Pap Smear test (just screening test) and LSIL is detected, I suggest her to CONFIRM the same before proceeding to next line of treatment. For that, your doctor has asked to undergo LCB + HPV test.
HPV test is NOT done previously and it should be done to determine co-relation and causative agent of cervical pathology along with RISK percentage.
Colposcopic examination should be DONE after that for confirmation and to find out any discrepancy in between them. Punch biopsy may be required additionally, depending on the test result.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, visit to your doctor for follow-up.
All the best and good luck.
Dr S Patra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pap smear results
- What is bacteria flora on pap smear result
- Understanding pap smear results
- Irregular pap smear results
- Results of pap smear test
- Pap smear results dysplasia
- Hgsil pap smear results
- What do positive results for coccobacilli on pap smear indicate
- What does polymorphs indicate in pap smear test
- What does these pap smear results indicate