What is the treatment of hypertrophied cervix?

can u describe me bout hypertrophied cervix treatment,now
Sat, 14 May 2011
Treatment/Therapy
Medical Topics ,  
Hello.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
There is no specific treatment known for hypertrophied cervix. If you do not have a white discharge or your PAP smear is negative then there is nothing to worry.Otherwise chemical cauterisation can help you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com

2 users find this helpful

General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Dr. Singh, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Cervical hypertrophy is nothing but the Uterine Cervical Dysplasia where in there is abnormal appearance of cells on the surface of the cervix. It is considered to be a precancerous condition. It is graded as
1.) Low Grade (Low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion)
2.) High-grade (High grade squamous intraepithelial lesion)
3.) Malignant (Cancerous).
Treatment depends on the degree of dysplasia.Mild Dysplasia may go on its own and will only need careful observation with repeat Pap smears every 3 - 6 months. Treatment is recommended, If the dysplastic changes last for more than 2 years.
The treament options include, Cryosurgery, LASER therapy, LEEP (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure) or Cone Biopsy where abnormal tissue is excised surgically. Hysterectomy is also recommended in few women and the patient will need regular follow up every 3 to 6 months.

Good Luck.