What does pounding and skipping sensation near the heart when on Dilaudid indicate?
Symptoms may be a side effect of Dilaudid.
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
Heart pounding and fluttering , palpitations, tachycardia etc. are common side effects of Dilaudid and are found in 1% of patients using it.
However my suggestion is that you should do the following examinations to exclude any cardiac problems :
- Cardiac echo
- holter monitoring
If all the mentioned examinations will be normal than your heart isn't damaged by Dilaudid and your symptoms are related with Dilaudid side effect.
Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dilaudid and the elderly
- Is fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse a side effect of dilaudid?
- Antidote for dilaudid
- Dilaudid for costochondritis
- What is the half life dilaudid
- Steroids and dilaudid
- What are the side effects of dilaudid-5?
- Can dilaudid and clonazepam cause a problem when used together
- What are dilaudid pills
- Dilaudid mastocytosis